History of the Church

The Church was established in Jonestown, Texas in 1962 and began as a mission church with no name and held its first service on January 30, 1962 in the old Travis Peak School #1.

There was no water, light or heat in the building.

The church moved to Lago Vista Red School and became the Northwest Baptist Chapel.

The Lord sent one of Jonestown’s founders, Emmett A. Jones to donate 2.5 acres of land.

The members built a church building on that land and called it South Jonestown Baptist Church which held its first service on October 6, 1963 with Brother Raymond Morell as the first Pastor.

The church grew tremendously during the 70’s earning “Church of the Year’ awards from 1973 to 1975.

The church also planted Travis Oaks Baptist, Sandy Creek Baptist and Shenandoah Baptist churches.

The church continued to grow and in 1985-1986 added 94 members, 43 of those were new Christians added by baptism.

On November 14, 1984 the church voted to change the name to First Baptist Church of Jonestown.

In the 1990’s the church added five more acres of land and in January 2012 the church celebrated its 50th anniversary.

On April 23, 2017 the church voted to change the name to "Church On The Hill" Jonestown.

   May 2019   
SMTWTFS
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
     
Bible Search